“Sometimes magic is just someone spending more time on something than anyone else might reasonably expect” — Teller.
- Understanding The CSS Box Model
- Cross-browser CSS
- CSS frameworks
- Understanding browser styles and Normalize
- Controlling typography with Sass
- Getting started with Flexbox
- Using Susy for layout and grids
- Modern CSS Sizing Advice
- Element queries
- A perspective on CSS 3D transforms and transitions
- Writing CSS for RTL websites
Thoughts on front-end architecture.
Ideas and approaches that you can apply to your challenges.
A wider range of concepts and solutions for your problems.
Tools & Workflow
These web is filled with tools to create. Use them.
These will be moved into different chapters. Also see a list of articles I'm currently working on. If there's a topic you're particularly interested in, let me know.
- Exluding favicons from Ember CLI fingerprinting
- Changing the default active class in Ember.js
- Adding Google Analytics to Ember.js
- Connecting controllers in Ember.js
- Handling keyboard shortcuts with Ember.js
- A collection of good tech talks
- Bret Victor
- Extending Finder.app
- Good starter themes for WordPress
- How to reset Homebrew
- jQuery plugins
- Online learning
- Optimizing web wypography performance
- Sounds on the web
- Staying up to date
- Sticky elements
- Use trash instead of rm
Explore topics across all chapters.
- Web typography
- OS X
- Progressive Enhancement
- Command line
- Naming convention
- Text editor
- Modular scale
- vertical rhythm
Get updates on Codes & Notes
Sign up to be notified if something drastic happens to the project.